Digital Initiatives and Scholarly Communication (DISC)
DISC develops, cultivates, and supports transnational, national and regional digital cultural heritage, scholarly, and education resources.
We promote digital resources that reflect the diverse cross-cultural heritage of the UNM campus and broader community to facilitate complex understanding, education, and research.
DISC Office Hours
DISC Office Hours are discontinued due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please come visit us when we are back on
Open Educational Resources
UNM’s Open Educational Resource (OER) Initiative is housed in the DISC office. The OER Librarian is available to assist instructors with the discovery and integration of OER materials into their courses, whether instructors would like to adopt existing materials, adapt more than one source to fit their curricular needs, or create an OER, like the one linked here by UNM Distinguished Professor Zach Sharp: Principles of Stable Isotope Geochemistry, 2nd Edition.
Instructors have many options for integrating high-quality and free learning materials into their courses not only to help offset the price of costly textbooks for students, but also to develop and integrate materials that correspond directly to UNM’s diverse student population and course outcomes. This fall, the library is organizing its first Open Textbook Pilot program for UNM faculty. Interested folks can contact Jennifer Jordan to learn more and check out the OER Grant Program Libguide for details on how to apply.
- Route 66 Photographic Survey and Exhibit (in progress)
- Ornithological Illustrations from SORA Publications
- And Yet She Persisted
Digital Initiatives Projects
- UNM OER Website – Information about OER including the latest developments at UNM.
- Tony Hillerman Portal - An interactive guide to the life and work of Tony Hillerman.
- Rudolfo Anaya Digital Archive - A comprehensive online guide to Anaya's work.
- Senator Bingaman Digital Archive - Website dedicated to New Mexico Senator Jeff Bingaman’s public career.
- UNM Faculty Senate Meeting Minutes Digital conversion of UNM faculty senate minutes from the 1920's through the present.
- UNM Sports History Digital Archive - Online video of UNM sports games from the 1940's to the present.
- UNM Theses and Dissertations Digitization Project - Digital conversion of UNM student scholarship from the 1930s through the 1970s.
- Working People's History of New Mexico - Online oral histories by New Mexico labor leaders.