Rooms and Spaces
Current Space Projects
See our current space projects page for information about our latest projects!
Adobe Creative Commons
The Adobe Creative Commons – a collaborative project between UNM University Libraries, UNM Information Technologies, and Adobe Creative Campus – is a digital media workspace and resource center for all creative pursuits on campus. Located on the first floor of the historic Zimmerman Library, the space will provide resources including high-powered computers loaded with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, several secluded editing bays, two fully equipped audio booths, and a wide variety of audio-visual equipment available for check out. More information at creativecampus.unm.edu.
Group Study Rooms
Group Study Rooms are available at all our libraries.
- Reservable by UNM students, staff or faculty
- Reservations can be made for up to 2 hours
- Rooms are held for 15 minutes after the reservation
- Many study rooms have
Zimmerman Library Learning Commons
- computers and laptops
- power and connectivity
- secure recharging stations for your gadgets
- cloud printing
- free scanners
- popular reading collection
- portable dry erase boards
- great furniture for collaboration - booths, large chairs
- laptop check out kiosk
- treadmill desks
- The Centennial Science & Engineering Library classroom (L253) is available for faculty, student, and staff use.
- The Classroom can be booked up to 2 weeks in advance, but please allow two business days for your booking to be approved.
- It seats up to 22 people with has 22 desktop PC computers.
- It has a podium and computer station for the instructor.
- The classroom has two wall mounted digital displays.
DEN 1 in Centennial Science and Engineering Library
Reserve a workstation in person using the reservation station located in DEN 1.
Dual monitor Macs and PCs loaded with special software – including the complete Adobe Creative Cloud – can be reserved.
- 3 Mac and 3 PC workstations with dual monitors
- Reserve for 3 hours and re-reserve if no one is waiting
- Reserve up to 2 weeks in advance
- NetID and password required
Installed software packages may change without notice. Currently installed packages include:
- Graphic Design & Photography: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom
- Gaming & App Design: Buildbox, GameMaker Studio Master, Stencyl, Xcode, Flash
- Video & Animation: Camtasia/Snagit Bundle, Premiere Pro, After Effects
- Data Manipulation: Anaconda, ArcGIS, IBM SPSS Stats, MatLab, Nvivo, QGIS, Stata
DEN 2 in Centennial Science and Engineering Library
Schedule a collaborative or virtual reality session online.
Reserve for up to 3 hours per day and up to 16 weeks in advance.
- HTC Vive virtual reality workstation
- 75” 4K flat screen and ceiling speakers
- PC and Mac mini desktops
- Cables to connect a laptop
- Apple TV
- Sony FDR-AX53 4K video recorder
- Webcam and 2 room microphones
- WiFi hub for better connectivity to Lobo WiFi
- Zimmerman Library - West Wing & Willard Room
- Zimmerman Library - Study carrels on 2nd & 3rd floor
- Centennial Library - East wing (periodicals area) of Lower Level 1
Graduate Student Commons
A dedicated space for graduate students in Zimmerman Library.
- Located just off the Zimmerman Library first floor lobby
- Open during normal library hours, and available exclusively to graduate students
A quietstudy space with tables and desk chairs, as well as comfortable armchairs
- Lockers are available along one wall
- Wireless access and outlets so students can use laptops or mobile devices
The historic West Wing, including the Willard Room, is a popular quiet study space for students. No tour of campus would be complete without a visit to this space, but please do respect the quietness we maintain in this part of the library.